Tuesday 29 October 2013

Modern Alice

As i reach almost 400 page views (a mini milestone, i'm proud) i owe my readers apologies for not posting frequently enough. I must find inspiration in the smaller things of my days, things that my eating disorder has made seem normal- and normality is scary.

Waking up in the morning with little will to move or start my day i am lifeless for those moments, moments when i listen to music and let it consume me wondering if the songwriter felt the same way i do, if they ever felt better or just kept sinking into the pool of curiosity which haunts me.

I loved Alice in Wonderland as a child, i still do. The novel is beautiful and something i can deeply relate to: A curious young girl finding her way in a strange place. Looking down on her story it seems enchanting, but to Alice it must of been intimidating;  perhaps someone is looking down on my story thinking how captivating it must be, that my natural wit will help me out of wonderland.

 If not i hope my Cheshire cat will guide me past the fork in the road because "we're all mad here, and i do no wish to be among mad people".







No comments:

Post a Comment